Entry Requirements for Honduras
Here is the latest information we have as of mid-June 2021!
1. Be fully vaccinated OR show a negative COVID-19 test
Vaccine Card for Fully-Vaccinated Travelers:
If you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and traveling at least 14 days after your final shot, you DO NOT need to get tested for COVID-19 prior to traveling to Honduras.
You will need the ORIGINAL Vaccination Card given to you at the vaccination site. Photocopies are not accepted. We recommend traveling with this card in a plastic ziplock bag. Note: you are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19: 14 days or more after you have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca), or 14 days or more after you have received a single-dose vaccine (J&J)
If you are NOT vaccinated or NOT fully vaccinated, you WILL need to get tested for COVID-19.
You will need a negative COVID-19 test, taken not more than 72 hours prior to your entry to Honduras.
Accepted Tests for COVID-19:
A. Rapid Antigen Test for detection of COVID-19 OR
B. Polymerase Chain Reaction Test (rt-PCR) in real-time.
Click here to see a COVID-19 TESTING LOCATION FINDER that may help you find a testing location that provides results within 72 hours or less for travel.
2. Honduras Immigration Pre-Check
The first prerequisite for entering Honduras is to complete the online Immigration Pre-check Form found here: https://prechequeo.inm.gob.hn/
1. Create a username and password.
2. Access your account, enter your scheduled trip, add the day of your flight, the country you are leaving, and the country you are entering.
3. Complete the virtual customs form, health form, and upload your COVID-19 test results (if applicable).
–For “United States”, go to “E” and select “Estados Unidos”
–Omit the apostrophe and enter “Anthonys Key Resort” as your destination address.
–The form cannot be submitted until 48 hours prior to your arrival date. Before the 48-hour timeframe, you can advance the process by registering on the site and completing the questions; however, you must wait until you’re within the 48-hour timeframe to submit. (This is to avoid excess records in the immigration system).
–It is best to complete the form on a desktop or laptop rather than a mobile device.
–You will receive a response via email, and you will need to print it out and carry it with you.
–To make things speedier during check-in at the immigration desk, highlight your name, pre-check #, and travel date.
–Find a great Pre-check User Guide by clicking here to help you complete the online immigration form.
–If you have any issues with the Immigration Pre-check Form website, use this link instead: https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/3LC6FbGX.
3. Departing Honduras
When departing Honduras by air, if you are traveling to the United States or even transiting through the United States, you will need a negative COVID-19 test. We have a local clinic nearby that is able to perform this service onsite at D&D Brewery with advance notice and many travelers have taken advantage of this option.
Details on this service
1. The test is taken and results are given the same day, within 8 hours. We recommend testing tested in the morning. If you need to be tested later in the day, we can’t guarantee results until 11am the following day.
2. Tests may be administered 7 days a week.
3. The cost is 950 Lps. or $40; this is payable directly to the test-takers in cash.
4. Please note that on Sundays, the service MUST be performed at 8am with results handed it at 12pm; the clinic is closed from 12pm Sunday-onwards.
5. The clinic will provide you with a printed copy of your test results which are accepted by all airlines as valid.
Please let us know with at least 5 days’ notice prior to your test date so that we can help schedule with the clinic.
If departing by land, you will want to check with the country you are traveling to; requirements change often so we can’t keep an updated list here. However, at last check, most countries have similar requirements to Honduras when entering and exiting.